background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

KC Fun

This last weekend we went to the Cards vs. Royals game in Kansas City and watched the fireworks after the game. It was a blast and the kids had a lot of fun and got very spoiled. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right next to the ballpark with the water park but didn't have time to enjoy the water park so we just used the indoor pool. I'd have been more bummed if I hadn't bought us season passes to the Landing this year! =)
We went to Cabela's and did some shopping on Saturday before heading home as well. It was a great little getaway in the midst of a crazy busy summer.
Between weddings and holidays our weekends are booked until July, which is crazy because then I start working full-time! In the mean time I'm just trying to enjoy what little full-time mom time I have left with the kiddos and we're really enjoying ourselves. I've wasted all of today uploading pictures and updating computer stuff. I hate being inside when it's nice, but that's why these things never get done. I also realized when updating that I haven't done the best job of taking pictures, so I will try to do better at that and at uploading those. Felt good to get all 500+ uploaded to shutterfly and my sharing site, blog and facebook though! ;)
I'm sort of counting down the days until work, I'm excited. Another income means some big changes for us, I'll be getting a new car within the next few months which is very exciting, and hopefully this time next year we'll be able to finally start building a house. It's been a long wait, but it's been worth it.
In the mean time, we're baking and enjoying time outdoors, swinging, riding horses and just having fun. We have been enjoying our little garden and flower beds too! =)
We have a trip planned to Louisiana to visit Michelle sometime June and plan to go to the St. Louis zoo and some other fun places this summer so hopefully they'll be some great pictures and stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment